Justine and I are raising our 4 children, aged 5 to 15. I was raised on a farm in Ireland, so I’m no stranger to hard work and know the value of being resourceful when “throwing money at a problem” simply isn’t an option. Los Angeles could be one of the most dynamic cities of the 21st Century. We could be economically and environmentally sustainable, and here’s a novelty – we could be fiscally responsible. We are going to need fresh leadership to make that happen.
Here is my top ten list for you to get to know me better.
- JUST IN : Endorsed by the Daily News. “He’s a doer. He is testament to the fact the best ideas don’t come from the back rooms of City Hall.”Read more
- Steve Lopez . LA TIMES. “I’ve known the indefatigable O’Grady since our kids went to preschool together, and he’s always been a guy who did the hard work while others were standing back complaining about politics and bureaucracy.” Read more
- Endorsed by the Los Angeles Times in 2011. “O’Grady’s background in business, devotion to environmental issues and hard work as an activist in L.A. Unified schools make him the most appealing alternative. The Times endorses O’Grady.”Read more
- VIDEO A 60 second video from our living room to yours
- VIDEO My TEDX talk about adults stepping up
- VIDEO EnrichLA, a non-profit headed by Tomas. 70 gardens in 3 years
- The Jewish Journal made an exception for our campaign. “The Journal interviewed all of the candidates who have raised more than $100,000, as well as O’Grady. The outlier in the race is Tomas O’Grady, an Irish-born community activist” Read more
- There is a huge gap between the median income of constituents and the salaries of their elected representatives. I believe the smaller that gap is, the better the decision-making will be. That is why I started the salary-cut conversation and that is why I have committed to cutting mine in half. Not because I am wealthy and not as a stunt. Read more. Others are following suit. That is a good thing. LA TIMES ARTICLE.
- VIDEO Judy Murray, an elementary school teacher talks about Tomas.
- LETTER. A letter from a group of voters on Fredonia Drive.
I am respectfully asking for your support. I promise honesty, hard work, efficient local government and unprecedented transparency. I promise to use my can-do attitude to help make this a greener, safer and more fiscally responsible city. Finally, I will never hesitate to protect your interests when it comes to development and other neighborhood issues. You are my employer. I will never forget that. You have my word.
Vote-by-mail ballots are now in voter’s hands.
Please consider a contribution no matter how small to help spread the word?
Will you consider volunteering?
Will you put up a yard sign?
Election day is March 3rd.
Leading by example is not just a slogan for me.
My cell is 323 377 6320. It will never change. Call me. Challenge me!
People from all walks of life and from every corner of the district are opening up their homes to allow you to see if I am the real thing. We have an event almost every day. You are invited.
Paid for by Tomas O’Grady for LA City Council 2015, 2173 Cedarhurst Dr., Los Angeles.
Additional information is available at ethics.lacity.org.